Saturday, December 4, 2010

Retail

Where would we be without the world of retail? I have given my time for the past two years of working retail. It is amazing how one person could really make a difference of your experience. No one could not where clothes. Well some due but not exactly the latest fashion. Shoppers only see the deals that they are receiving or the prices. Not all the work behind the scenes. My old store would not open up until 10 am. However I don't believe you see us arriving at 5 am and already having works a full shift by the time you come to shop. Or the wonderful displays how much thought goes behind the littlest thing. The company sends out a photo of what they think would be best but not every store is designed the same way or have all the tables or things need in each display so we have to figure out how each things will go.
Anyways. That being said. Next time when you enter a store, treat the people there kindly. Sure we are there to serve you, but not to be your bitch. I cannot believe the amount of times people throw clothes my way, demanded things, or questioned my intelligence. I am sorry but we cannot give you deals on everything and it is not the employees faults. We do not make the rules. If you have an issues with the prices or sales, shop somewhere else, or don't try and have us do something we cannot to loss our job because you do not want to pay the price. Now that is my issues with shoppers.
Management. Take the stick out of your ass. Simply because you are a manager and are trapped in the life you made for yourself do not take it out on your employees. You only loss them. Some are chill because they have other things in their life. It is good. Retail is not for everyone. But for those of you "lifers" enjoy it. I will move along with my life leaving you behind.

Sorry this blog is a rant from leaving my job of two years, where in the end I was truly disrespected and was treated truly unfairly. I don't like being back in the corner. Nor being treated as if I am unintelligent and my character being called into question. I did my job and did it better then most. So such it.

No comments:

Post a Comment