Friday, December 10, 2010

Charities

I am reaching out for some serious help. I am trying for this years christmas to instead of giving my family gifts I am going to donate the money I would have instead spent on a present, as a gift to someone else in need. Now how many more things do we seriously need? With a gift it something we are given and try and find something for it. I know that I think sometimes my life I need something else and so on. However I am truly blessed. I have a roof over my head, a car, job, and am getting an education. Some don't have all of that or any of that. What do I have to complain about? I have been looking up charities and so far these are the ones sticking out to me:
Baal Dan Charities
American Red Cross
Invisible Children
These are ones that I have found so far. I am not cut off to any. I am new to finding an organization. Right now I am in the mind set of a well know organization to be used as a gift. However I would also like to find a charity to donate to ever month. Please share or let me know which one would be best.

2 comments:

  1. the united way is usually a good one. don't know what all charities you have out there. I would imagine there are tons of good ones. I personally am a little soft on humane societies - having had dogs my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't looked into that one. I ended up giving the money to giving to Rescued Child Soldiers. I have dogs my whole life as well, I understand your humane society.

    ReplyDelete